Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Raft #2


My life is a struggle. This is my last year of going to of this twelve year education and I can’t even enjoy it. I have to do everything at home because of my families issues. My younger sibling struggles learning and he takes a while to process things. The woman who gave birth to me, has to get around in a wheelchair and does not get out of the house much. I have to provide all of the money for the family. Living in the capital of such a small state  like Massachusetts makes it hard to find jobs because everyone travels here to work. So I have to work at a Mcdonalds where I make minimum wage, and at Olive Garden where on a good night I make about $150 in tips. So between  those jobs there is barely enough money at the end of the week for anything. All of my money goes towards bills and food. We have to shop at Savers for all of our clothes because we don’t have enough money to go to a store like Macy’s. Everyone at school knows about my issues so I get harassed. I want to go to college but I do not even have enough money to go to a community college. I pray for the day when I can have enough money to go to a Celtic’s game. I have always liked basketball and I want to  see them in person at least one time in my life. I do not accept money people offer me, I believe that you have to earn your money and not depend on others. Therefore, all the money that I have I earned. I stay up all night helping my younger siblings with their homework and I am up past midnight doing that plus my homework. For our only parent, I have to help her cook and get things that are too high up for her to grab. I know my life is hard but I am thankful for the little I have and my family. They are the only real friends that I have ever have and I love them more than anything. I have never thought of how it would be to be born into a rich family where I could get whatever I want whenever want, That is not how life should be, those kids will never know how getting a paycheck feels and how to wisely spend that money. I feel bad for them that they will never know that feeling. I guess this that if you’re happy that is all that matters. I am happy with my life and no one can change that.

No comments:

Post a Comment