Sunday, October 19, 2014

Boston Marathon 2 narrators

Runner: Here we go the final stretch. This is the moment I have been waiting for for years. I have trained for years to run in my first marathon and I am about to finish. No marathon would be better to start with than there Boston Marathon. It is the longest running marathon and everyone knows about it. I know my family is at the finish line waiting for me to congratulate me. As I am finishing I think of what I have done today. I have ran 26.2 miles in just over four hours. I am extremely proud of myself for doing this. A few years ago I would have never thought of running a marathon. Four years ago, I tried running a 5k and I could barely finish that. Now, I am finishing the longest race there is. I can see my family at the finish line, they are clapping and cheering for me. Just a little further and I am there. Then to my left I hear an explosion and I quickly fall to the ground. I fell a sharp piercing pain in my leg. Then a few seconds later I hear another explosion. When I get my senses back I look down at my leg and I immediately scream at what I see. There is nails in glass in my legs and I am bleeding bad. My family runs to me and tries to their best to call a paramedic over. There is a lot of people down, I can’t really see that well because I am dizzy. Then all of a sudden I pass out and wake up at a hospital. I look down at my leg and it is gone. A nurse comes in a tells me what happened. She says that the damage was too bad to save it and that they had to amputate it. I know that it is going to take some getting used to but when I find out some people got injured worse I am glad that all I lost was a leg. It is going to hard but I can do it.

Observer: I can see him all the way down at the  end of the street. He has just a little while left until he is done. I am proud of him, his dedication and effort to complete this marathon. I have never been so proud of my son. I can’t wait for him to finish so I can give him a huge hug and tell him how proud I am of him. It has been just a little of over four hours since the start of the race. I don’t know much about marathon racing but I would say just over four hours is a great time for finishing your first marathon. We traveled all the way from Texas so that he could run in this. He had a list of marathons that he wanted to run New York, Chicago, Boston, and London. Last year he decided that he wanted to run the Boston Marathon because it is the most famous and he has always loved the history of Boston. We came up a few days ago, going to all the famous areas in Boston, including going to a Red Sox game yesterday. Now here on Massachusetts's holiday Patriots Day my son is running the Boston Marathon. He is so close to being done, I can almost touch him. Then, an explosion goes off and he falls. I am in shock to what has happened.. Then a few seconds later another explosion goes off. We run over to him calling for someone to help. He closes his eyes and he has passed out. We get him to an ambulance and rush him into the hospital. We sit in the waiting room throughout the surgery and when they are finished the surgeon comes out. He tells us that they could not save the leg and that they had to amputate it. I can’t believe what I just heard. We go into his room and talk to him about what happened and he doesn't seem too shocked by it. He explains that he knows that it is going to be hard but that he will live with it. I hope that it doesn't hurt him too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment